I represent both buyers and sellers of property throughout the city, which gives me perspective from each side of the transaction. When representing a seller, I am well-acquainted with the market and the emotional rollercoaster buyers experience in trying to purchase property in the Bay Area. Representing buyers, I have a good idea what sellers will be looking for as they review offers on their property.
My goals are to provide all my clients with excellent service, and to ensure that each transaction is handled professionally and with care. Decisions should always be made in the best interest of the client, rather than the best interest of the agent.
Professional & Personal Affiliations
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- California Association of Realtors (CAR)
- St. Francis' Episcopal Church - Vestry officer; Youth Education Leadership Team; children's music; special event coordination
- San Francisco School Volunteers - Very active parent at Clarendon Alternative Elementary and Yick Wo Elementary Schools
- Girls Scouts of the San Francisco Bay Area - Troop Leader, SF Troop 1991
- Support for Families of Children with Disabilities
- Autism Task Force - San Francisco Unified School District
I grew up in the central Nebraska town of Ansley, population 550, where my parents and extended family still weather the winters (!) and enjoy the expansive beauty of the Great Plains. My upbringing centered on very midwestern values: the importance of family and friends, treating people with genuine respect, and developing independent thinking.
I am married with two children, ages 9 and 11, both of whom attend San Francisco public schools. We adopted both of our children as infants from the Marshall Islands, having travelled there many times. My husband is a litigation analyst for a medical malpractice insurance company here in the city. He is a Bay Area native, and we have lived here in the city for 20 years.
Today, Melinda’s business model as a REALTOR for Zephyr Real Estate focuses on working with older property owners moving out of the area or into smaller living quarters. She provides all-inclusive services from cleaning and packing to preparing the home for sale with her team of experts. With a reputation as a stellar listing agent providing assistance from beginning to end, Melinda continues to grow her referral business, fostering relationships meant for a lifetime.